Ann Demeulemeester, Antwerp

That night in November 2013, when Ann announced she was leaving Ann Demeulemeester, she was leaving you in a sense, you expressed to me your sadness at the fact of this news. It must have been hard for you, your muse, gone, forever, even though the shell of the company still continues on. It will never be the same again, and you still wear her garments close to your skin, you still wear her dark romance inside you, and your affection for her ideas and the way her garments fall, it really does bring me more attachment to you as I can see it. I got to know Ann too late, she was already going, now I see her shadow through you. 

Poignant to say that Ann Demeulemeester the company will never have the same soul again, and when we visited the boutique in Antwerp autumn 2014, 2 seasons later, the store had already lost something I suppose. only you would know.


it was a sentimental walk around the store. what a beautiful place it was and now... it is nostalgic.